In order to continue to provide outstanding care to patients while keeping people safe, we have rolled out teledermatology services during the coronavirus pandemic. Dr. Niroomand can virtually meet with any person residing in the DFW area.
What Is Teledermatology?
Teledermatology is a video call where Dr. Niroomand is able to talk to patients and examine their skin. For their appointment, patients will likely want to be in a quiet, private space, especially if sensitive areas of the skin need to be examined. The virtual visit is like an in-person appointment, only it’s done over the internet on a computer, tablet or cell phone.
Applicable co-payments and deductibles are required at the time of service. A reasonable fee schedule is established for those that do not want to use insurance for virtual dermatology.
Who Should Schedule A Virtual Appointment?
Teledermatology is ideal for people:
- With acne, blemishes, rashes, infections or skin lesions
- With widespread rashes like psoriasis, eczema, hives, drug eruptions, poison ivy, etc.
- On medications that require monitoring or who need their prescriptions refilled
- With skin cancers or possible skin cancers
- With skin infections, such as boils and staphylococcus infections, shingles, or ringworm
- Experiencing severe itching
- Who would like complimentary cosmetic consultations with Dr. Niroomand to plan for future appointments, treatments or procedures
- Who would like complimentary skin product recommendations from our medical assistants to help you find the right product from our online store for your needs
After a virtual examination, some people may be asked to come into the office, but a teledermatology is the first step.
If you’re unsure if you should schedule an appointment, give our office a call at 214-303-1102.
How Telemedicine Works
Patients call our office to schedule an appointment, fill out and send paperwork if they are new, pay for the appointment. Then, we send them a link to the virtual exam room.
A few minutes before your appointment, you’ll click on the link and enter your name. The directions are straightforward, and there is no extra software to download.
Here is a graphic that breaks down the steps:
Schedule Your Virtual Dermatology Appointment Today
Call our office at 214-303-1102 to set up an appointment today. We’ll walk you through everything, so you can get your dermatology needs taken care of while in the comfort of your home. Alternatively, you can request a callback.