Listed below are a few of the different medical conditions related to skin, hair and nails that dermatologists treat. These conditions can occur inpatients of all ages, from infancy to adulthood.
- Skin cancer (all types)
- Acne (adolescent and adult)
- Chronic wounds and scares (keloids, etc.)
- Psoriasis, eczema and rosacea
- Nail fungus and infections
- Blistering disorders such as pemphigus vulgaris and bullous pemphigoid
- Skin infections of all types
- Hair loss and/or scalp disorders
- Autoimmune diseases such as lupus, scleroderma and dermatomyostis
For more information about dermatology, please reference our Patient Library.